Want to watch this Tutorial?
Start your FREE 7-day trial for instant access to all CG Cookie training! It takes 2 minutes and you can cancel anytime.Start a Free Trial
Blending Decals into Target Material in Blender 2.8
In a prior tutorial we learned a new technique for projecting reliable decal images to target models. In this video we're going to learn how to blend those decals into the target material for seamless integration.
What You Will Learn
Since material blending like this can get complex, we will cover several examples starting from simple to complex.
- BONUS: How to install and use the convenient Quick Caster decal projection addon.
- Setup decal to use the same UV bump map as target.
- Setup decal to use the same Procedural bump map.
- Shader mixing (like chipped paint)
- Full incorporation with grungy painted metal material.
Grungy metal shader: https://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/86037
Decals images: all from http://www.pixabay.com
|Adding Decals to 3D Models with Blender||Quick Caster Addon||Production Design with Eevee|