Simulate a Messy Room
Rules of the Exercise
1Must use cloth simulation on at least five objects
2Cloth objects must be orange so we can spot them easily
3Result must look like a mess!
Don't clean this up
Channel your inner college student and turn this clean room into a well lived-in mess. Apply what you've learned about the cloth modifier to throw around the provided blankets, shirts, and socks around like a hurricane.
- Download the .blend file that includes the room and the cloths.
- Model your own clothes and apply the orange cloth material (optional)
- Apply the appropriate collision and cloth modifiers.
- Make a mess.
- Export a render or OpenGL screenshot of your work.
- Submit the image using the big orange button on the top right of this page.
- Simulate one object at a time instead of all at once, unless they need to interact.
- When you're happy with how something has fallen, apply the cloth modifier so it does not need to be simulated again.
- Apply a subsurf modifier after applying the cloth modifier to smooth out the result.
- Add a solidify modifier to give the objects some thickness.
- If you want to texture your own cloth objects, be sure to unwrap it before simulating!