Rig and Animate a Grease Pencil Character
Rules of the Exercise
1Character is 2D, created with Grease Pencil strokes
2An armature rig is used to create the character's movement.
3Combination of 2D drawing and 3D rig is used effectively for animation.
The purpose of this exercise is to explore Blender 2.8's exciting new Grease Pencil features in the context of 2D animation. Specifically this exercise applies a 3D armature rig to a 2D character for an effective animation technique.
NOTE: Blender 2.8 is in active development and changes are frequently made to hotkeys and menu placements.
- Download and install a fresh copy of Blender 2.8
- Follow Wayne's demonstration in the corresponding course to accomplish a waving Melvin animation.
- Repeat your waving animation 3 times then Render your animation as a viewport render .mp4 video file.
- Upload your video to YouTube or Vimeo.
- Finally, submit your exercise by clicking the Submit Exercise button in the top-right corner of this page and pasting your video's URL.