Getting Comfortable with Grease Cut
Rules of the Exercise
1Create the car, Eiffel Tower, and airplane shapes.
2Use only a mesh sphere and Grease Cut operator to achieve those 3 shapes. (Note: Grease Cut is part of the Sculpt Tools UI addon)
3Sequential Grease Cuts match the number outlined by the exercise template. (i.e. 4 boxes = 4 grease cuts)
Applying what you've learned.
Learning how tools work and understanding them is one thing. Actually applying that understanding to a real project is another thing. Now that you've been introduced to the Sculpt Tools UI addon, let's get comfortable with using the Grease Cut operator.
- Open a fresh scene in Blender, load up the Sculp Tools UI addon, and add a mesh sphere.
- Use the Grease Cut tool to chisel your sphere into each of the 3 assigned shapes.
- Take a screenshot of each cut that you take and post each screenshot into the respective box of the PSD Template.
- Submit the completed template as a .JPG image.
- Don't forget to grade other submissions!
The numbered boxes on the template represents the number of cuts necessary to achieve each shape.