Rules of the Exercise
1All topology is clean and quadded, mostly free of triangles.
2Shapes accurately represent the underlying sculpted shape.
3Polygons are consistently sized across the entire character model.
The topic this week is about optimizing your sculpture for use in an animation production pipeline. Thus the homework is to retopologize all pieces of your sculpture. Here's an example of a fully retopologized character model:
- Retopologize all pieces of your character, including body and accessories.
- Download the Week 4 Exercise Template PSD from the Downloads tab.
- Take screenshots of your character model with wireframe overlay from the front, side, and back. Remember you can make them prettier with matcaps!
- Open the template PSD with Photoshop or GIMP and add your screenshots to the Template in the masked boxes provided.
- Save out as a .jpg and Submit for grading!