Animating a Robot Arm
Rules of the Exercise
1Animation uses the provided crane arm rig.
2Crane arm picks up a box, moves to another location, and leaves it there.
3Animation of the constraint is free of errors.
Object Constraints + Animation
This exercise is designed to be an application of the information learned in Chapter 3 of the Animation Workflow & Body Mechanics course. The purpose is to familiarize yourself with animating object constraints to accomplish specific tasks. While "moving a box" sounds easy, it can be trickier than you think.
- Download theProject Source Files from the Downloads tab *if you haven't download them from the course page already. Unzip the file.
- a blank Blender scene and link in the appropriate Crane arm files as demonstrated in this lesson and modified in this lesson.
- Animate the crane arm lifting a box, moving it to another location, and leaving it there.
- Render your animation as either (A) an openGL viewport render or (B) a lit Cycles render.
- Upload your video to YouTube or Vimeo.
- Finally, submit your exercise by clicking the Submit Exercise button in the top-right corner of this page and pasting your video's URL.