Want to try this Exercise?
Start your FREE 7-day trial for instant access to all CG Cookie training! It takes 2 minutes and you can cancel anytime.Start a Free Trial
Animate a 2D Bouncing Ball with Grease Pencil
Rules of the Exercise
1Bouncing Ball features appropriate animation principles like squash and stretch as well as slow in / slow out.
2Video is presented with 5 loops of your bouncing ball animation.
3Exercise is accomplished with 2D Grease Pencil - No 3D! There's another exercise for 3D.
The purpose of this exercise is to explore Blender 2.8's exciting new Grease Pencil features in the context of 2D animation. And of course the golden rule of learning animation is practicing with a bouncing ball!
NOTE: Blender 2.8 is in active development and changes are frequently made to hotkeys and menu placements.
- Download and install a fresh copy of Blender 2.8
- Follow Wayne's demonstration in the accompanying tutorial to achieve a bouncing ball animation.
- Render your animation as a viewport render mp4 video file.
- Loop your video file 5 times and export as a new *final* video file. See this tutorial for instruction about looping your animation clip with Blender's video sequence editor.
- Upload your looped video to YouTube or Vimeo.
- Finally, submit your exercise by clicking the Submit Exercise button in the top-right corner of this page and pasting your video's URL.