This character has been the biggest pain in my butt in the last week. You would think it would be simple due to the shorter hair but noo… I’ve spent like three days straight tweaking the character’s fur to look right. And after seeing the renders, It looks like it could be tweaked some more… But it’s good for now, I’ll return to tweak it on a later date.
The main issue with this character is the amount of fur. Otter’s have extremely dense and short fur. Me putting short fur on the character requires me to put more particles in order for it to look filled. The first time I rendered this, my GPU almost exploded with about 10GB of VRAM used. After a few days I managed to make it look somewhat believable with only 5GB of use. About 1.1 million hairs.
- Status: Work in Progress