Want to watch this Tutorial?
Check out the about tab below and start learning on CG Cookie today.Get Started
Setting up Version Control in Unity
Version control with Github and Unity!
In this tutorial I'll be going over how to add external version control support to your Unity projects. This is intended for anyone who has wondered how best to keep a history of their project, how to easily sync a project between team members, or just wondered what version control is.
Have additional questions or want to interact with the CG Cookie Community? Talk about this course specifically on our Community Forum.
The topics that will be covered are
- What version control is.
- Setting up a GitHub repository.
- Setting up Unity to work with the GitHub repository.
- Committing changes to the repository.
- Syncing the project on a second computer.
Before starting it is expected that you already have a GitHub account and have downloaded the client to your machine.
- Wikipedia's overview of "Revision Control" - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revision_control