Want to try this Resource?
Start your FREE 7-day trial for instant access to all CG Cookie training! It takes 2 minutes and you can cancel anytime.Start your Free Trial
Quick Caster Addon for Decals in Blender 2.8
**Compatible with Blender 2.8.
- Install the Addon file.
- Go to the Edit > Preferences and click the Addon section on the left.
- Click on "Install" in the upper right and navigate to the directory where you downloaded the Addon file called "quickCaster.py"
- Enable the addon by ticking the check mark on the right side of the addon entry.
- Enable the Import Images As Planes Addon.
- While your in the addon preferences, search for "Import images as planes". It's included with official Blender.
- Enable it.
- Import images to become decals.
- Go to File > Import > Images as Planes and select your desired decal image(s).
- Align your images to the surface of the target model.
- Images need to be positioned in a way that makes sense for projection.
- Align them using the snapping tools (magnet icon), set to Face snapping and enable "Align rotation to target".
- *Make sure the image is not intersecting with the target object. Move it away slightly if so.
- Project image as decal
- Select your target first, then SHIFT + click your decal.
- Go to Object menu > QuickCast.