Watch this brief video to see what the course is all about!
Chapter 1: Developing Your Eye
Learning to animate is learning to see.
Chapter 2: Everything is a Bouncing Ball
Complex animation is a collection of its simple animations. And those simple animations can almost always be analyzed as bouncing balls.
Chapter 3: More Ball Animation Goodness
Not so fast - I'm not done teaching you everything there is learn from bouncing balls!
Chapter 4: Let's not forget Squash & Stretch
This is the last chapter focusing on ball animation. Who knew there was so much to learn from balls?
Chapter 5: Into the Character Realm
We're diving into characters at this point. In this chapter, we cover one more animation principle and introduce you to the VonnBots!
Chapter 6: Can you walk the walk?
Summon all your animation skills to create believable and appealing walk cycles for the Stomp and Rivet VonnBots.
Chapter 7: In Closing
Congrats on finishing the course! If you're wondering where to go from here, this video from Wayne answers that question.
Lesson Questions and Answers
Ask a question and get an answer!Submit your Question
Wayne, I like how Rivet’s rig is set up. I’m starting to reverse engineer it. To give me a head start, do you have any notes on how it is set up?
Rigging is a super complicated thing.
I don’t have any notes on how they are set up because it was custom built to solve the particular problems the character design threw at me.
I can give you a few words of advice when reverse engineering (which is how I learnt).
Just focus on one area at a time.
Try to make it as simple as possible but no simpler.
And try a bunch of different things with constraints in different orders.
And stay consistent with your naming convention.
It’s a matter of learning small parts at a time and then putting them together.
Good luck man, rigging can melt your brain but it’s very rewarding.
Download any course files here.
- Developing Your Eye: HD Video( 238.9 MB )
- A Fresh Look at Timing & Spacing: HD Video( 48 MB )
- Taming the Graph Editor: HD Video( 79 MB )
- Follow Through & Overlapping Action: HD Video( 150 MB )
- VonnBots Rig Demo: HD Video( 56 MB )
- VonnBots Rig Family( 6 MB )
- Stomp Walk Cycle - Intro: HD Video( 34 MB )
- Stomp Walk Cycle - Most of it: HD Video( 87 MB )
- Stomp Walk Cycle - Mirroring Animation: HD Video( 35 MB )
- Stomp Walk Cycle - Multi-angle Render: HD Video( 31 MB )
- Rivet Walk Cycle - Intro: HD Video( 50 MB )
- Rivet Walk Cycle - Most of It: HD Video( 144 MB )
- Rivet Walk Cycle - Translation: HD Video( 49 MB )
Check out submission from others.Submit your Image