Watch this brief video to see what the course is all about!
Chapter 1: Developing Your Eye
Learning to animate is learning to see.
Chapter 2: Everything is a Bouncing Ball
Complex animation is a collection of its simple animations. And those simple animations can almost always be analyzed as bouncing balls.
Chapter 3: More Ball Animation Goodness
Not so fast - I'm not done teaching you everything there is learn from bouncing balls!
Chapter 4: Let's not forget Squash & Stretch
This is the last chapter focusing on ball animation. Who knew there was so much to learn from balls?
Chapter 5: Into the Character Realm
We're diving into characters at this point. In this chapter, we cover one more animation principle and introduce you to the VonnBots!
Chapter 6: Can you walk the walk?
Summon all your animation skills to create believable and appealing walk cycles for the Stomp and Rivet VonnBots.
Chapter 7: In Closing
Congrats on finishing the course! If you're wondering where to go from here, this video from Wayne answers that question.
Lesson Questions and Answers
Ask a question and get an answer!Submit your Question
Wayne, sometimes when I try to paste inverted pose, it will only paste some of the bones shapes. If I keep hitting paste, or try to paste on another frame it might work, and then it will work where I want to paste it. Any ideas?
Hi Wayne, can you share some notes on how your rig is constructed? For example, how the socket structures work.
Check out “Humane Rigging” by Nathan Vegdahl on the Blender Cloud.
It’s the same concept but I have written a python tool that automates it.
What key did you press when you were making sure everything is keyed?
auto key is on, but I pressed ‘i’ for insert key
Download any course files here.
- Developing Your Eye: HD Video( 238.9 MB )
- A Fresh Look at Timing & Spacing: HD Video( 48 MB )
- Taming the Graph Editor: HD Video( 79 MB )
- Follow Through & Overlapping Action: HD Video( 150 MB )
- VonnBots Rig Demo: HD Video( 56 MB )
- VonnBots Rig Family( 6 MB )
- Stomp Walk Cycle - Intro: HD Video( 34 MB )
- Stomp Walk Cycle - Most of it: HD Video( 87 MB )
- Stomp Walk Cycle - Mirroring Animation: HD Video( 35 MB )
- Stomp Walk Cycle - Multi-angle Render: HD Video( 31 MB )
- Rivet Walk Cycle - Intro: HD Video( 50 MB )
- Rivet Walk Cycle - Most of It: HD Video( 144 MB )
- Rivet Walk Cycle - Translation: HD Video( 49 MB )
Check out submission from others.Submit your Image