Watch this brief video to see what the course is all about!
Chapter 1: Developing Your Eye
Learning to animate is learning to see.
Chapter 2: Everything is a Bouncing Ball
Complex animation is a collection of its simple animations. And those simple animations can almost always be analyzed as bouncing balls.
Chapter 3: More Ball Animation Goodness
Not so fast - I'm not done teaching you everything there is learn from bouncing balls!
Chapter 4: Let's not forget Squash & Stretch
This is the last chapter focusing on ball animation. Who knew there was so much to learn from balls?
Chapter 5: Into the Character Realm
We're diving into characters at this point. In this chapter, we cover one more animation principle and introduce you to the VonnBots!
Chapter 6: Can you walk the walk?
Summon all your animation skills to create believable and appealing walk cycles for the Stomp and Rivet VonnBots.
Chapter 7: In Closing
Congrats on finishing the course! If you're wondering where to go from here, this video from Wayne answers that question.
Lesson Questions and Answers
Ask a question and get an answer!Submit your Question
How do i change the dope cheet summary? my is always showing all keyframes but yours is showing only the selected ones..
click the little button next to the “Summary” button that looks like the mouse cursor (the arrow). That will show only the selected controls.
thank you! have missed that.. sorry.
When you mirror the heal, foot and toe control, you select all keyframes, then:
“copy”->”paste” (on other foot)
But when you need to mirror the base, you do it keyframe by keyframe, and “copy”->”paste mirrored”.
I tried just to select all keyframes for the base, and do “copy”->”paste mirrored”. It seemed to work.
What’s the reason for doing it keyframe by keyframe?
Hope the question maks sense.
There are several ways to do the same thing, however, you will need to mirror any control that needs to be flipped over an axis.
eg. Rotations or Translations often need to be mirrored as a positive value on the Left side is the same thing as a negative value on the Right.
If that is the case you need to do it keyframe by keyframe.
Download any course files here.
- Developing Your Eye: HD Video( 238.9 MB )
- A Fresh Look at Timing & Spacing: HD Video( 48 MB )
- Taming the Graph Editor: HD Video( 79 MB )
- Follow Through & Overlapping Action: HD Video( 150 MB )
- VonnBots Rig Demo: HD Video( 56 MB )
- VonnBots Rig Family( 6 MB )
- Stomp Walk Cycle - Intro: HD Video( 34 MB )
- Stomp Walk Cycle - Most of it: HD Video( 87 MB )
- Stomp Walk Cycle - Mirroring Animation: HD Video( 35 MB )
- Stomp Walk Cycle - Multi-angle Render: HD Video( 31 MB )
- Rivet Walk Cycle - Intro: HD Video( 50 MB )
- Rivet Walk Cycle - Most of It: HD Video( 144 MB )
- Rivet Walk Cycle - Translation: HD Video( 49 MB )
Check out submission from others.Submit your Image