Watch this brief video to see what the course is all about!
Chapter 1: Developing Your Eye
Learning to animate is learning to see.
Chapter 2: Everything is a Bouncing Ball
Complex animation is a collection of its simple animations. And those simple animations can almost always be analyzed as bouncing balls.
Chapter 3: More Ball Animation Goodness
Not so fast - I'm not done teaching you everything there is learn from bouncing balls!
Chapter 4: Let's not forget Squash & Stretch
This is the last chapter focusing on ball animation. Who knew there was so much to learn from balls?
Chapter 5: Into the Character Realm
We're diving into characters at this point. In this chapter, we cover one more animation principle and introduce you to the VonnBots!
Chapter 6: Can you walk the walk?
Summon all your animation skills to create believable and appealing walk cycles for the Stomp and Rivet VonnBots.
Chapter 7: In Closing
Congrats on finishing the course! If you're wondering where to go from here, this video from Wayne answers that question.
Lesson Questions and Answers
Ask a question and get an answer!Submit your Question
I’m trying hard to figure out how to animate the squash and stretch technically. I don’t see anywhere that it is described. I must be missing something?
Check out the Multiball rig demo. It will show you how to turn on the visibility settings for the squash and stretch controls.
That should sort you out.
I get how to manipulate the rig, I just can’t seem to make the animation look sensible. I found the animation fundamental series and I’m starting to get it. Definitely harder than just the vanilla bouncy balls.
I’m currently stuck at this part. I wish there where a step by step tutorial here showing how to squash and stretch. The animation fundamental series do show the vanilla ball bounce squash and stretch but not the arching ball bounce. Also that series differs a bit from this one in it’s methods which is confusing.
I finally ended up getting the animation to work, but I have a really hard time replicating it and don’t really know what I’m doing right or wrong. Seems to be sort of by chance for me.
Download any course files here.
- Developing Your Eye: HD Video( 238.9 MB )
- A Fresh Look at Timing & Spacing: HD Video( 48 MB )
- Taming the Graph Editor: HD Video( 79 MB )
- Follow Through & Overlapping Action: HD Video( 150 MB )
- VonnBots Rig Demo: HD Video( 56 MB )
- VonnBots Rig Family( 6 MB )
- Stomp Walk Cycle - Intro: HD Video( 34 MB )
- Stomp Walk Cycle - Most of it: HD Video( 87 MB )
- Stomp Walk Cycle - Mirroring Animation: HD Video( 35 MB )
- Stomp Walk Cycle - Multi-angle Render: HD Video( 31 MB )
- Rivet Walk Cycle - Intro: HD Video( 50 MB )
- Rivet Walk Cycle - Most of It: HD Video( 144 MB )
- Rivet Walk Cycle - Translation: HD Video( 49 MB )
Check out submission from others.Submit your Image