Sculpting the Boots
Learn how to create character models in Blender
Character modeling is a coveted specialty that takes a lot of patience, a lot of practice, and no small amount of work. But character modeling is also a lot of fun and very satisfying once you become comfortable with the techniques and workflows needed to bring your designs to life. I would be lying if I said there was a single workflow for every character. Every model you do will be done in a slightly different way. In fact, nearly every character artist will approach models with their own outlook and workflow. The goal is to development a workflow that allows you, the artist, to create the required design in an effective and efficient manner.
What you’ll learn
Through this intro course I will be taking you through a variety of techniques and workflows in order to create our pilot character.
- Create base meshes with the skin modifier.
- Sculpt organic forms with dynamic topology.
- Sculpt clothing with the multiresolution modifier.
- Use the many sculpting brushes to control the surfaces.
- Model crisp details with poly modeling techniques.
- Create high-quality mesh topology with retopology methods.
- Quickly rig and pose the character with Rigify.