Let's Learn Blender! The best part? You can start making cool stuff on Day 1
Do you want to get creative in 3D? Whether you want to create 3D models, visual effects, or your own short films, this is a great place to start.
To get started with Blender you need...
❌ drawing skills
❌ coding skills
❌ 3d experience
❌ the best hardware
✅ excited curiosity
✅ a little patience
Start creating with Blender 3.0 today
Whether you're completely new to the world of 3D graphics, switching over from another 3D Software, or a rusty returning hero from the 2.5 days, the Blender Basics will guide you through your first steps in Blender 3x.
We'll cover all of the essential features that you'll need to know in order to build your very first project.
You'll be up and running with Blender, fast
Why learn Blender?
Blender is the fastest growing 3d suite in the world. In 2020, it was downloaded +14 million times and it's now backed (sponsored) by some of the biggest companies in the world - including Adobe, Facebook, and Epic Games.
Blender is an essential tool for 3d creators around the world and has become the leading alternative to extremely expensive programs like Maya and Max.
What is this 'BASICS' course about?
3 chapters, 25 short lessons.
- Chapter 1: Intro to 3D space (how to move around without getting lost)
- Chapter 2: Editing objects (let's reshape the default cube)
- Chapter 3: The Blender way (see what else Blender can do)
At the end of this course, you will be able to comfortably navigate Blender and have a solid understanding of what's possible.
Is this course free?
Yes, this course is completely free and can be watched on our YouTube channel.
What to do next? Blender project course is coming soon
We encourage you to get a CG Cookie membership to receive:
- support from our teachers: ask questions and get answers
- download course files to follow along
- full access to our Blender Fundamentals series for a huge range of 3d skills
- the rest of our library, from beginner to (very) advanced Blender training
- Blender resources that our team uses - and that you can download for free