Layout and Blocking
Take your characters free running!
It's time to push your body animation skills to the max! This course is going to take you through animating our Clive character performing parkour stunts down an urban alleyway. Parkour is an athletic training discipline that predominantly involves free running in urban environments. As Wikipedia puts it:
Practitioners aim to get from A to B in the most efficient way possible.They do this using only their bodies and their surroundings to propel themselves; - Wikipedia
This course gets right to the point, so be sure you're relatively comfortable with animation. If you're feeling rusty or are still getting the hang of animation basics, be sure to check out the Animation Fundamentals course first.
Learn serious animation techniques
In this course you'll go through the complete process of animating the above scene from start to finish. Here just a few of the things you'll be learning:
- Introducing the storyboard with GIMP sketches
- Blocking out and timing the shot
- Working with an advanced camera rig
- Animating Clive, the character from Animation Fundamentals
- Using cloth simulation and dynamic paint for environment animation effects