Vanilla Ball Drops
- Software: Blender 2.78
Different bounds for different rounds
This exercise is designed to be an application of the information learned in Chapter 3 of the Animation Bootcamp course. The assignment is to animate 3 different kinds of balls. The point being that different balls bounce differently and it's up to you to make each bounce believable.
- Download the Vanilla Ball Drops: Source Files from the Downloads tab. Unzip and open the included .blend file with Blender.
- Animate 3 different types of balls, achieving believable bouncing for each according to its type.
- Render your animation as an openGL viewport render.
- Upload your video to YouTube or Vimeo.
- Finally, submit your exercise by clicking the Submit Exercise button in the top-right corner of this page and pasting your video's URL.
Rules of the Exercise
1Animation for all 3 balls is believable according to the type of ball.
2Submission is in video format.
3Use the scene file provided, including the Multiball rig.