Rules of the Exercise
1Animation is believable as a rolling ball with settle-to-stop.
2Submission is in video format
3Use the scene file provided.
Practicing Rotational animation
OVERVIEWThis exercise is designed to be an application of the information learned in Chapter 3 of the Animation Bootcamp course. The assignment is to animate a ball rolling across the floor. This application will introduce you to rotational keys and f-curves, which are a-whole-nother animal compared to transnational f-curves. It will challenge your curve-to-motion coordination.
- Download the Rolling Ball Bounce: Source Files from the Downloads tab. Unzip and open the included .blend file with Blender.
- Key as few key-poses as possible to achieve a rolling ball animation with settle-to-stop.
- Render your animation as an openGL viewport render.
- Upload your video to YouTube or Vimeo.
- Finally, submit your exercise by clicking the Submit Exercise button in the top-right corner of this page and pasting your video's URL.