Rivet B. Walken
This exercise is designed to be an application of the information learned in Chapter 6 of the Animation Bootcamp course, specifically the Rivet Walk Cycle lessons.
The assignment is to animate a believable and appealing, translating walk cycle for the Rivet character. Since Rivet is a full bipedal character, it’s an additional level of complexity on top of Stomp’s walk cycle. Also the aspect of translating the character is another technique to practice.
- Download the Rivet Walk Cycle: Source Files from the Downloads tab and open the unzipped .blend file with Blender.
- Animate a translating walk cycle for the Rivet character.
- Render your animation as an openGL viewport render. To prove your character’s walk is translating, a stationary monkey head is on the ground of the source file so Rivet can be seen passing by.
- Upload your video to YouTube or Vimeo.
- Finally, submit your exercise by clicking the Submit Exercise button in the top-right corner of this page and pasting your video’s URL.
Exercise Questions and Answers
Ask a question and get an answer!Submit your Question
Oops, no questions found yet!