Rivet Jump (Blocking)
Rules of the Exercise
1Animation is the blocking stage only.
2Rivet's jump and landing reads well and is appealing.
3Rivet's body mechanics adhere to the principles of animation.
Think you can make that jump?
This exercise is designed to be an application of the information learned in Chapter 2 of the Animation Workflow & Body Mechanics course. The overall goal is to animate the Rivet character jumping from the top of a box to the floor. But we're essentially splitting the exercise in two halves: (1) Blocking and (2) Splining/Polish.
This exercise is just the BLOCKING stage of the shot.
- Download the Project Source Files from the Downloads tab *if you haven't download them from the course page already. Unzip the file.
- Open a blank Blender scene and link in the appropriate Rivet files as demonstrated in this lesson and modified in this lesson.
- Block out the Rivet character leaping from the top of the box and landing on the floor.
- Render your animation as an openGL viewport render.
- Upload your video to YouTube or Vimeo.
- Finally, submit your exercise by clicking the Submit Exercise button in the top-right corner of this page and pasting your video's URL.