For your first exercise, we are going to practice using all the tools that you have learned about.
We are not creating anything usable. All I want you to do is show me that you've actually played around with the tools!
So, for example, practice...
- Extruding with the E key as well at the Extrude tool, and Extrude to cursor (control click)
- Duplicate some bones,
- Insert a bone at your cursor location
- Play around with the bone roll (Ctrl R)
- Flip the direction (Alt F)
- Play around with parenting.
- Subdivide the bones.
- Change the display mode, and the bbone display size
Please turn on the bone axes and submit a viewport render (View > Viewport Render Image) as armatures will not display in a "real" render.
Have fun and show me your monstrosities!
Here is mine.