Rules of the Exercise
1All pieces of the character are highly and realistically detailed.
2High-frequency details, like pores, aren't noticeably tiled or patterned.
3The details supplement the character rather than detract from it.
The topic of this week is high-resolution detailing and the exercise is to detail all pieces of your character model to an *impressive* level. Pull out all the stops! Use multi-resolution sculpting on top of your retopology to get that pore detail into your skin, fine wrinkles into your clothing, dents and dings in your armor, etc. Here's an example of a finished, detailed character:
- Detail all pieces of your character, including body and accessories.
- Download the Week 5 Exercise Template PSD from the Downloads tab.
- Take screenshots of your detailed character model from the front, side, and back. Viewport AO + Basic color materials are great at this stage for making your character feel more complete.
- Open the template PSD with Photoshop or GIMP and add your screenshots to the Template in the masked boxes provided.
- Save out as a .jpg and Submit for grading!