Rules of the Exercise
1Character is fleshed out with clothing, hair, and accessories.
2Accessories are shaped accurately and believably.
3Entire sculpture is at least 75% detailed. Structures are clearly defined but short of fhigh-frequency details like scratches and wrinkles.
Turn your human body into a character
This week’s exercise is to block out all your character’s accessories including clothing, armor, hair, weapons, etc. As a block out, take each piece to about 75% detail where the structure is clearly defined but short of high-frequency details. Here's an example:
- Create your character's accessories to 75% level of detail.
- Download the Week 3 Exercise Template PSD from the Downloads tab.
- Take screenshots of your character sculpture from the front, side, and back. Remember you can make them prettier with matcaps!
- Open the template PSD with Photoshop or GIMP and add your screenshots to the Template in the masked boxes provided.
- Save out as a .jpg and Submit for grading!