Rules of the Exercise
1Animation is appealing and makes the ball act like a living, breathing character rather than just a ball.
2Submission is in video format.
3Uses the .blend file provided.
A ball becomes a character
This exercise is designed to be an application of the information learned in Chapter 4 of the Animation Bootcamp course. The assignment is to breath life into a ball through animation. More than mere physical behavior, you're to give the ball a will; a mind. Animate the ball approaching the platform, move across it in a series of jumps, peer over the edge, and finally decide to jump off to land on the ground.
- Download the Character Ball: Source Files from the Downloads tab and open the unzipped .blend file with Blender.
- Animate the ball as a character traversing the platform like it has a will, is capable of analyzing its surroundings, and makes decisions - Like you see in the example above. Have fun with this. At least mimic what you see in the example. But also consider making your ball character do a unique action that still gives the illusion of life.
- Render your animation as an openGL viewport render.
- Upload your video to YouTube or Vimeo.
- Finally, submit your exercise by clicking the Submit Exercise button in the top-right corner of this page and pasting your video's URL.