Build a Modular Tower Defense Level
Rules of the Exercise
1Use only modular assets
2Create multiple routes for the enemies to travel
3Light the level so that it is clear which base is yours and which is the enemies
4Use an orthographic camera that is rotated 45 degrees downward
Time to get creative
Do the enemies come from the left? From the right? From the bottom? All of the above? It's up to you! Using what you learned in the Level Design using Modular Assets course, use the provided models to create a completely unique tower defense level. Steps:
- Download the tower defense assets, or use what you made in the Modeling Modular Game Assets course.
- Build your own unique level using only those assets.
- Take a screenshot from the camera's perspective.
- Submit your screenshot to the big Submit Your Exercise button on the top right of this page.
- Explain your idea in the description
To pass, you'll need to meet these criteria:
- Use only modular assets
- Create multiple routes for the enemies to travel
- Light the level so that it is clear which base is yours and which is the enemies
- Use an orthographic camera that is rotated 45 degrees downward