Arcing Ball Bounce
- Software: Blender 2.78
A bounce that moves in two directions - You're mad!
This exercise is designed to be an application of the information learned in Chapter 2 of the Animation Bootcamp course. The assignment is to animate a slightly more complex ball bounce - "slightly more complex" meaning there's still no squash or stretch and the motion incorporates another axis: Z-axis (up and down) AND X-axis (left and right). This application will hone your ability to blend the f-curves of 2 axes together for a smooth, believable arcing bounce animation.
- Download the Arcing Ball Bounce: Source Files from the Downloads tab. Unzip and open the included .blend file with Blender.
- Key your key-poses and manipulate their f-curves to achieve an arcing ball bounce from left to right.
- Render your animation as an openGL viewport render - You can choose to render motion paths or not.
- Upload your video to YouTube or Vimeo.
- Finally, submit your exercise by clicking the Submit Exercise button in the top-right corner of this page and pasting your video's URL.
Rules of the Exercise
1Animation is believable as an arcing ball bounce.
2Submission is in video format.
3Use the scene file provided. You can choose to render motion paths or not.