Anticipation with Motion Graphics
- Software: Blender 2.78
Dabbling with MoGraph
This exercise is designed to be an application of the information learned in Chapter 4 of the Animation Bootcamp course, especially the Anticipation. The assignment is two-fold:
- First, animate the CG Cookie logo to scale up, similar to the way the Twitter app does it. Employ the principle of anticipation to make the effect appealing.
- Second, animate the CG Cookie logo sliding up from the bottom, holding, and sliding back out again. Likewise, use anticipation to make the effect appealing.
- Download the Anticipation with Motion Graphics: Source Files from the Downloads tab and unzip to reveal the .blend file.
- Animate the CGC logo first as a scale up and then as a slide-in-slide-out including anticipatory motion - Like you see in the example above.
- Render your animations as an openGL viewport render and combine both into one video, back to back.
- Upload your video to YouTube or Vimeo.
- Finally, submit your exercise by clicking the Submit Exercise button in the top-right corner of this page and pasting your video's URL.
Rules of the Exercise
1Animation is appealing with both assignments including anticipation.
2Submission is in video format.
3Video contains both SCALE and TRANSLATE assignments.
No questions found.
Since 2009, I have been producing high quality character animations for everything from commercials to children's music videos. Working remotely for several small studios, I have been responsible for the rigging and animation of several videos that have received over 100 million views on Youtube. (Making for some very happy clients.) Specialising in Blender with a high competency in Maya. I have successfully completed the feature animation and lighting workshops at iAnimate and and currently learning how to rig in Maya as well as I can in Blender. I also enjoy scripting in python and learning new skills.