Dabbling with MoGraph
This exercise is designed to be an application of the information learned in Chapter 4 of the Animation Bootcamp course, especially the Anticipation.
The assignment is two-fold:
- First, animate the CG Cookie logo to scale up, similar to the way the Twitter app does it. Employ the principle of anticipation to make the effect appealing.
- Second, animate the CG Cookie logo sliding up from the bottom, holding, and sliding back out again. Likewise, use anticipation to make the effect appealing.
Scale with anticipation
Translation with anticipation
- Download the Anticipation with Motion Graphics: Source Files from the Downloads tab and unzip to reveal the .blend file.
- Animate the CGC logo first as a scale up and then as a slide-in-slide-out including anticipatory motion – Like you see in the example above.
- Render your animations as an openGL viewport render and combine both into one video, back to back.
- Upload your video to YouTube or Vimeo.
- Finally, submit your exercise by clicking the Submit Exercise button in the top-right corner of this page and pasting your video’s URL.
Exercise Questions and Answers
Ask a question and get an answer!Submit your Question
Oops, no questions found yet!