This exercise is designed to be an application of the information learned in Chapter 5 of the Animation Bootcamp course.
The assignment is to add believable overlapping-action to Torque’s antenna, giving it an appealing spring-y-ness.
- Download the Antenna Overlap: Source Files from the Downloads tab and open the unzipped .blend file with Blender.
- Animate Torque’s antenna so it reads springy and flexible, dragging behind the body’s action. Try not to make it too flexible and also not too stiff.
- Render your animation as an openGL viewport render.
- Upload your video to YouTube or Vimeo.
- Finally, submit your exercise by clicking the Submit Exercise button in the top-right corner of this page and pasting your video’s URL.
Exercise Questions and Answers
Ask a question and get an answer!Submit your Question
Loving this course and the lessons it teaches. My question regards my submission for this lesson. I changed it up a bit but I feel reluctant about the physics of the antenna. Do you feel anything is wrong with it? Thank you!
You can post your questions on the actual submission and I’ll answer it there.
I will take a look at it later today.