- Software: Blender 2.78
OVERVIEWThis exercise is designed to be an application of the information learned in Chapter 5 of the Animation Bootcamp course. The assignment is to add believable overlapping-action to Torque's antenna, giving it an appealing spring-y-ness.
- Download the Antenna Overlap: Source Files from the Downloads tab and open the unzipped .blend file with Blender.
- Animate Torque's antenna so it reads springy and flexible, dragging behind the body's action. Try not to make it too flexible and also not too stiff.
- Render your animation as an openGL viewport render.
- Upload your video to YouTube or Vimeo.
- Finally, submit your exercise by clicking the Submit Exercise button in the top-right corner of this page and pasting your video's URL.
Rules of the Exercise
1Animation of the antenna is appealing and believable as an overlapping action of the body.
2Submission is in video format.
3Uses the .blend file provided.
No questions found.
Since 2009, I have been producing high quality character animations for everything from commercials to children's music videos. Working remotely for several small studios, I have been responsible for the rigging and animation of several videos that have received over 100 million views on Youtube. (Making for some very happy clients.) Specialising in Blender with a high competency in Maya. I have successfully completed the feature animation and lighting workshops at iAnimate and and currently learning how to rig in Maya as well as I can in Blender. I also enjoy scripting in python and learning new skills.