Add Squash & Stretch
- Software: Blender 2.78
This exercise is designed to be an application of the information learned in Chapter 4 of the Animation Bootcamp course, especially the Squash & Stretch lesson. The assignment will train you to incorporate the principle of squash and stretch to emphasize realistic and/or exaggerated elasticity to objects in motion. The method is straight forward: Take your exercise results from the Vanilla Bounce and the Arcing Bounce exercises and add squash and stretch to them. Vanilla bounce with Squash & Stretch Arcing Bounce with Squash & Stretch
- Locate your Vanilla Bounce and Arcing Bounce .blend files. If you opt to skip those previous exercises, you can download the Add Squash & Stretch: Source Files from the Downloads tab and unzip to reveal the substitutionary .blend files.
- Squash and stretch your balls to achieve believable and appealing elasticity to both ball animations.
- Render your animations as an openGL viewport render and combine both into one video, back to back. Make the vanilla bounce squash and stretch animation loop 3 times first then the arcing bounce.
- Upload your video to YouTube or Vimeo.
- Finally, submit your exercise by clicking the Submit Exercise button in the top-right corner of this page and pasting your video's URL.
Rules of the Exercise
1Animation is believable and appealing with squash & stretch added.
2Submission is in video format.
3Video contains both squishy vanilla bounce and squish arcing bounce.