This exercise is designed to be an application of the information learned in Chapter 4 of the Animation Bootcamp course, especially the Squash & Stretch lesson.
The assignment will train you to incorporate the principle of squash and stretch to emphasize realistic and/or exaggerated elasticity to objects in motion. The method is straight forward: Take your exercise results from the Vanilla Bounce and the Arcing Bounce exercises and add squash and stretch to them.
- Locate your Vanilla Bounce and Arcing Bounce .blend files. If you opt to skip those previous exercises, you can download the Add Squash & Stretch: Source Files from the Downloads tab and unzip to reveal the substituationary .blend files.
- Squash and stretch your balls to achieve believable and appealing elasticity to both ball animations.
- Render your animations as an openGL viewport render and combine both into one video, back to back. Make the vanilla bounce squash and stretch animation loop 3 times first then the arcing bounce.
- Upload your video to YouTube or Vimeo.
- Finally, submit your exercise by clicking the Submit Exercise button in the top-right corner of this page and pasting your video’s URL.
Exercise Questions and Answers
Ask a question and get an answer!Submit your Question
Oops, no questions found yet!