Add Squash & Stretch
Rules of the Exercise
1Animation is believable and appealing with squash & stretch added.
2Submission is in video format.
3Video contains both squishy vanilla bounce and squish arcing bounce.
This exercise is designed to be an application of the information learned in Chapter 4 of the Animation Bootcamp course, especially the Squash & Stretch lesson. The assignment will train you to incorporate the principle of squash and stretch to emphasize realistic and/or exaggerated elasticity to objects in motion. The method is straight forward: Take your exercise results from the Vanilla Bounce and the Arcing Bounce exercises and add squash and stretch to them. Vanilla bounce with Squash & Stretch Arcing Bounce with Squash & Stretch
- Locate your Vanilla Bounce and Arcing Bounce .blend files. If you opt to skip those previous exercises, you can download the Add Squash & Stretch: Source Files from the Downloads tab and unzip to reveal the substitutionary .blend files.
- Squash and stretch your balls to achieve believable and appealing elasticity to both ball animations.
- Render your animations as an openGL viewport render and combine both into one video, back to back. Make the vanilla bounce squash and stretch animation loop 3 times first then the arcing bounce.
- Upload your video to YouTube or Vimeo.
- Finally, submit your exercise by clicking the Submit Exercise button in the top-right corner of this page and pasting your video's URL.