Make Your Blender Character Run: How to Animate a Run Cycle
Run, Melvin, Run!
In this Blender course, you will see Wayne animate a fast cartoony run with CG Cookie's classic Blender character, Melvin.
In 5 lessons, learn how to create a run cycle for any Blender character
Setting up, Animating, Rendering
This course shows you the entire process from setting up the file, animating Melvin and then rendering out the viewport.
None of the footage is sped up or done off screen - so you get to see everything.
What you'll learn in this Blender course:
- How to set up your animation and decide what your key poses are
- How to use Library Overrides to link in the character
- How to organize your files (no mess!)
- How to create the mainposes, as well as the rest of the animation
- What tools to use to mirror your animation and save you time
- Refining the animation (the arm movement is as important as the legs)
- Cleanup: how to tidy up any lose ends and make your character move forward
Yes, Wayne makes mistakes along the way...
...so you don't have to! Animation cycles are riddled with pitfalls.
Wayne will make a bunch of common mistakes and show you how to avoid and fix them.
Ready? Get your running shoes on and let's do this!
More CG Cookie Blender Animation Courses
(To get the most out of the Running course, Wayne recommends that you start with his animation bootcamp.)
|Start Here: Blender Animation Bootcamp||Animation and body Mechanics in Blender|
Lip Sync Animation - Make 'em Talk!
The Oscar goes to: Acting Class for Animators