In this beginner-friendly course, we’ll be taking a step-by-step approach to modeling, surfacing, animating, and simulating an epic low-poly rocket launch sequence in Blender 2.80!
10 easy-to-digest lessons, jam-packed with Blender tips
- model your own low poly 3D rocket
- design a low poly space environment to place your rocket in
- animate an epic launch sequence ("WOW" effect guaranteed)
Some cool things you'll learn along the way
- using EEVEE, Blender's real-time rendering engine, to help us develop the rocket engine's look
- working with Blender modifiers to model the layers of the ground around your rocket
- learning basics of computer animation in Blender, including key frames and interpolation
- using Blender 2.80’s particle systems to simulate smoke during the launch of your rocket
- BONUS: creating the smoke particle material from scratch, with Blender’s shader editor and some node-trickery
Build up your Blender skills the right way
This course is simple, but don't be fooled: the skills that you'll learn will be your stepping stone to complex workflows. That's because this course covers tips from every single part of Blender. But don't worry, you'll be able to follow along even if you are new to 3D.
If you're new to Blender and want to learn a fun workflow with fast results and something to show off with at the end, this course is for you.
Get started right away with Project Files
All the files you need are in "Project Files". If you're a CG Cookie Citizen member, you can download these below this video.
If you're not a Citizen member yet, you can either start your FREE 7-day Citizen Membership trial now.