Importing 3D assets and building levels in Unity
Welcome back to the Lunar Lander series of tutorials on unitycookie.com! In this Unity video we’ll be going over how to import all your custom assets, and use them to build up your game levels in Unity. We’ll also take a look at specialized mesh colliders for complex shapes, ambient lighting, faking a background, and few other nifty things that will really help with this, and future, game making.
Also, I’ve decided to go ahead and provide all the real, much awesomer, painstakingly-hand-crafted models that will be in the full Mine Lander game once I launch it. You can even feel free to use these models however you like, just please credit me is all I ask. Of course, if you created your own, more power to you!
What is covered in this tutorial:
- - Importing custom meshes and textures
- - Creating materials for your custom assets
- - Advanced use of colliders for complex shapes
- - Ambient light
- - Building your Lunar Lander levels
- - Adding your level to the “Build” menu