Please Read Carefully Before Using This Website:
You must be at least 13 years old to use this website and/or Sites. CGC doesn’t knowingly collect information of visitors below this age in accordance with the COPPA of 1998.
A. TERMS APPLICABLE TO ALL USERS
2. Changes To Terms
The Website is directed to those individuals and entities located in the United States. It is not directed to any person or entity in any jurisdiction where (by reason of nationality, residence, citizenship or otherwise) the publication or availability of the Website and its content, including its products and services, are unavailable or otherwise contrary to local laws or regulations. If this applies to you, you are not authorized to access or use any of the information on this Website. CG Cookie, Inc makes no representation that the information, opinions, advice or other content on the Website (collectively, “Content”) is appropriate or that its products and services are available outside of the United States. Those who choose to access this Website from other locations do so at their own risk and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
4. Scope of Use and User E-Mail
You are only authorized to view, use, copy for your records and download small portions of the Content (including without limitation text, graphics, software, audio and video files and photos) of this Website for your informational, non-commercial use, provided that you leave all the copyright notices, including copyright management information, or other proprietary notices intact. You may not store, modify, reproduce, transmit, reverse engineer or distribute a significant portion of the Websites code, or the design or layout of the Website or individual sections of it, in any form or media. The systematic retrieval of data from the Website is also prohibited.
5. Copyrights and Trademarks
The materials at this Site, as well as the organization and layout of this site, are copyrighted and are protected by United States and international copyright laws and treaty provisions. You may access, download paid for content, free content and print materials on this Website solely for your personal and non-commercial use; however, any print out of this Site, or portions of the Site, must include CG Cookie, Inc’s copyright notice. No right, title or interest in any of the materials contained on this Site is transferred to you as a result of accessing, downloading or printing such materials. You may not copy, modify, distribute, transmit, display, reproduce, publish, license any part of this Site; create derivative works from, link to or frame in another website, use on any other website, transfer or sell any information obtained from this Site without the prior written permission of CG Cookie, Inc.
Except as expressly provided under the “Scope of Use” Section above, you may not use, reproduce, modify, transmit, distribute, or publicly display or operate this Website without the prior written permission of CG Cookie, Inc. You may not use a part of this Website on any other Website, without CG Cookie, Inc’s prior written consent.
CG Cookie, Inc respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects our Users/ users to do the same. The policy of CG Cookie, Inc is to terminate the accounts of repeat copyright offenders and other users who infringe upon the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please contact us at email@example.com
7. No Unlawful Or Prohibited Use
As a condition of your use of the Website, you warrant to CG Cookie, Inc that you will not use the Website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices. You may not use the Website in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Site or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Website. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the Site.
Gathering email addresses from CG Cookie, Inc through harvesting or automated means is prohibited. Posting or transmitting unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or any other forms of solicitation to other Users is prohibited. Inquiries regarding a commercial relationship with CG Cookie, Inc should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
9. No Warranties
THE WEBSITE, AND ANY CONTENT, ARE PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN “AS IS,” “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND WHETHER EXPRESS, STATUTORY OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, SYSTEMS INTEGRATION, ACCURACY, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, ALL OF WHICH CG Cookie, Inc EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS. CG Cookie, Inc DOES NOT ENDORSE AND MAKES NO WARRANTY AS TO THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, CURRENCY, OR RELIABILITY OF THE CONTENT, AND CG Cookie, Inc WILL NOT BE LIABLE OR OTHERWISE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY FAILURE OR DELAY IN UPDATING THE WEBSITE OR ANY CONTENT. WE HAVE NO DUTY TO UPDATE THE CONTENT OF THE WEBSITE. CG Cookie, Inc MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES THAT USE OF THE CONTENT WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY RESULTS OR OTHER CONSEQUENCES OF ACCESSING THE WEBSITE AND USING THE CONTENT, AND FOR TAKING ALL NECESSARY PRECAUTIONS TO ENSURE THAT ANY CONTENT YOU MAY ACCESS, DOWNLOAD OR OTHERWISE OBTAIN IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR ANY OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. THIS WARRANTY DISCLAIMER MAY BE DIFFERENT IN CONNECTION WITH SPECIFIC PRODUCTS AND SERVICES OFFERED BY CG Cookie, Inc. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMER MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER LEGAL RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION.
10. Governing Law, Location and Miscellaneous
11. Separate Agreements
12. DMCA Copyright Policy and Copyright Agent
CG Cookie, Inc respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe something on this Site has infringed your intellectual property rights, please notify our agent and provide the following information:
A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
(ii) Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed.
(iii) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled.
Address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address where we may contact you.
A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
(vi) A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
The Site’s Copyright Agent can be reached at:
CG Cookie, Inc
27 W. State Street, STE B
Geneva, IL 60134
14. No Professional Advice
The information available on the Website is intended to be a general information resource regarding the matters covered, and is not tailored to your specific circumstance. You should not construe this as legal, accounting or other professional advice. This Website is not intended for use by minors. YOU SHOULD EVALUATE ALL INFORMATION, OPINIONS AND ADVICE AVAILABLE ON THIS WEBSITE IN CONSULTATION WITH YOUR SPECIALIST, OR WITH YOUR LEGAL, OR OTHER ADVISOR, AS APPROPRIATE.
15. Users Disputes
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Users. CG Cookie, Inc reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Users.
16. User Submissions And Communications; Public Areas:
Some of the forums/comments (individual bulletin boards and posts on the social network, for instance) on the Website are not moderated or reviewed. Accordingly, Users will be held directly and solely responsible for the content of messages that are posted. While not moderating the forums/comments, the Site reviewer will periodically perform an administrative review for the purpose of deleting messages that are old, have received few responses, are off topic or irrelevant, serve as advertisements or seem
otherwise inappropriate. CG Cookie, Inc has full discretion to delete messages. Users are encouraged to read the specific forum rules displayed in each discussion forum first before participating in that forum. CG Cookie, Inc reserves the right (but is not obligated) to do any or all of the following:
- Record comments on the site.
- Examine an allegation that a communication(s) do(es) not conform to
the terms of this section and determine in its sole discretion to remove or
request the removal of the communication(s).
- Remove communications that are abusive, illegal, or disruptive, or that
- Terminate a Member’s access to any or all Public Areas and/or the CG
- Monitor, edit, or disclose any communication in the Public Areas.
- Edit or delete any communication(s) posted on the CG Cookie, Inc Site,
regardless of whether such communication(s) violate these standards.
CG Cookie, Inc reserves the right to take any action it deems necessary to protect the personal safety of our guests or the public. CG Cookie, Inc has no liability or responsibility to users of the CG Cookie, Inc Website or any other person or entity for performance or nonperformance of the aforementioned activities.
controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be held in Illinois, USA. All information relating to or disclosed by any party in connection with the arbitration of any disputes hereunder shall be treated by the parties, their representatives, and the arbitrator as proprietary business information. Such information shall not be disclosed by any party or their respective representatives without the prior written authorization of the party furnishing such information. Such information shall not be disclosed by the arbitrator without the prior written authorization of all parties. Each party shall bear the burden of its own counsel fees incurred in connection with any arbitration proceedings. Judgment upon the award returned by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction over the parties or their assets or application of enforcement, as the case may be. Any award by the arbitrator shall be the sole and exclusive remedy of the parties. The parties hereby waive all rights to judicial review of the arbitrator’s decision and any award contained therein.
18. Limitation of Liability
YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. CG Cookie, Inc SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ACCESS TO, USE OF OR RELIANCE ON THE CONTENT (EVEN IF CG Cookie, Inc HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES) OR THAT ARISE IN CONNECTION WITH MISTAKES OR OMISSIONS IN, OR DELAYS IN TRANSMISSION OF, INFORMATION TO OR FROM THE USER, ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION OR DELIVERY, COMPUTER VIRUS, COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR USE OF RECORDS, PROGRAMS OR FILES, INTERRUPTIONS IN TELECOMMUNICATIONS CONNECTIONS TO THE WEBSITE OR VIRUSES, WHETHER CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY NEGLIGENCE, ACTS OF GOD, TELECOMMUNICATIONS FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OF, OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE OR THE CONTENT. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY MAY BE DIFFERENT IN CONNECTION WITH
SPECIFIC PRODUCTS AND SERVICES OFFERED BY CG Cookie, Inc. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, SO THIS LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
20. Notice to Minors, Parents and Guardians.
Any service or product purchased from the website, must be completed by any person aged 18 or order. Or otherwise has obtained permission from parent or legal guardian. CG Cookie, Inc is not responsible for any action performed by minors without consent of parent or legal guardian.
B. ADDITIONAL TERMS APPLICABLE ONLY TO REGISTERED USERS
20. Accounts And Security
CG Cookie, Inc does not warrant that the functions contained in the service provided by the Website will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected or that this service or the server that makes it available will be free of viruses or other harmful components.
You shall notify CG Cookie, Inc of any known or suspected unauthorized use(s) of your Account, or any known or suspected breach of security, including loss, theft, or unauthorized disclosure of your password. You shall be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password.
Any fraudulent, abusive, or otherwise illegal activity may be grounds for termination of your Account, at CG Cookie, Inc’s sole discretion, and you may be reported to appropriate law-enforcement agencies.
General Community Rules
- Any comment containing possible harassment should be referred to the Support Team.
- Any post or thread containing possible harassment should be referred to the Support Team.
- Users should refrain from replying to any inappropriate content.
- Definition of harassment: words, conduct or action, usually repeated or persistent that, being directed at a specific person, annoys, alarms, or causes substantial emotional distress in that person and serves no purpose.
- Any post, private message or post found to be addressed to a particular user with intent to harass will be deleted with no shadow.
- Procedure for investigation of harassment:
- After deleting any suspect posts, contact both parties requesting details of harassment.
- Upon further review, including permission of harassed, deleted posts may be undeleted and user unbanned.
- Any user found to be guilty of harassment is to be banned, for such time as is deemed necessary.
- Potentially destructive, hurtful, and unapproved content
- Inappropriate content should be referred to the Support Team.
- Inappropriate content:
- Content containing primarily the following subjects and/or the promotion of one opinion over another are considered inappropriate.
- Subjects include, but are not limited to, topics such as racism, sexism, religion, xenophobia or sexual preference.
- Humiliating, derogatory, anti-social or inflammatory remarks aimed at any group of people, with or without the intent to start a group response are considered inappropriate. This includes racial remarks in the form of jokes, underhanded comments, and racial slurs.
- Unnecessarily violent, crude, or obscene imagery, including scenes depicting themes such as rape, hate crimes, or any other brutality is considered inappropriate.
- Politics, political expression and political propaganda are considered inappropriate.
- An exception may be made, after group consideration, to allow content in such forum as is deemed appropriate.
- Requesting, providing information about, or advertising illegal activities or the results thereof is considered inappropriate.
- Software serial numbers, hacks, cracks, keygens, ROMs, copyrighted audiovisual content or illegally copied software documentation, among others, are considered illegal.
- Requesting or providing information about FOSS (Free Open Source Software) is greatly encouraged, provided it does not violate parent role.
- Content knowingly causing other users to come to harm or incur damage is considered inappropriate.
- Includes the negligent or malicious transmission of any computer content that causes damage, including, but not limited to, viruses, trojans, and worms.
- Spamming is considered inappropriate.
- Spamming is the explicit promotion of any product, service or company.
- Spamming often includes fake users, possibly posting from the same IP, to aid in the promotion.
- Product news is not always spam.
- Links to news briefing for information, with intent to inform, not promote the product, and is therefore not spam.
- Nudity or strongly sexually suggestive content of any kind not exempt under Role 4.3 is considered inappropriate.
- Content displaying a strong disregard for Conduct Guidelines is considered inappropriate.
- Content containing primarily the following subjects and/or the promotion of one opinion over another are considered inappropriate.
- Inappropriate content is to be:
- deleted, in the case of a comment, or
- soft deleted, in the case of a post
- Users distributing spam may be banned without further discussion.
- A e-mail is to be sent to the author of the content, containing a strict warning.
- On second violation, or in combination with violations of other rules, a ban, of time as deemed necessary, is to be placed on the author.
- Inappropriate content is to be:
- Nudity Exemption:
- Nudity is considered a vital aspect of artistic expression. It is permitted as part of an artistic work
- Nudity not exempt:
- Rape, incest, depiction of minors (under age 18) committing sexual acts, beastiality, abuse, untactful nudity, including content usually considered pornographic, and all sexual acts, including, among others, intercourse and masturbation.
- Nudity exempt:
- Tasteful depictions of male or female body
- Appropriateness is based on moral standards of community in general, and is ultimately judged by the Moderation Team