Hello Everyone and Welcome to another Concept Cookie Update for this month of July
Summer is flying by and I hope you guys are taking advantage of going outside and enjoying the weather! I also hope you guys are also drawing, practicing, and learning. There is so much to learn in digital art and this is a great time to continue in growing your knowledge. I am working on a Getting Started Series for those who may never have opened a drawing software before let alone a tablet! This will be a great starting point for those who want to get into the digital art realm but doesn’t know where to begin.
July will be a fun filled month of finishing Eat Sheep and getting Concept Cookie a great beginners section for those getting started!
Here’s another quick time-lapse of the creation of this month’s banner!
Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
Song: summer day by nabh24 – jamendo.com/en/track/858307/summer-day
What’s going on with the tutorials?
The tutorials will be my main focus again soon as my Eat Sheep itinerary comes to a close.
As to this month here is what is on my current agenda:
- Sci Fi Character Series Part 3 & 4. I currently have the third part done, I’m enjoying the path this series has taken, so check back on Thursday for that tutorial
- The Getting Started Series. Currently this will be using the software, Photoshop, but if these prove to be a successful learning tool than I will plan on creating ones for other softwares as well!
- A Character Timelapse and Turnaround resource. This will be of my Tracey character and I will provide helpful tutorials along the way if I feel they would prove beneficial!
- What’s new in Photoshop CS6? This will cover some of the neat updates that Adobe has provided in their leap from CS5 to CS6!
***I will also be accepting tutorial requests again to add to the future tutorial list!
This will then be looked at to be either done by myself or given to another author to create. So let’s hear what you guys want to learn!
Remember, this site is meant for you!
Many of you guys have also asked about a tutorial schedule so that you guys know when to check out the site and see what is new. However, things can sometimes get crazy here with time constraints and with all the different projects at hand but I will give you this: I am going to try and fit two updates a week at least from myself or from other authors, and these will occur on sometime during the day on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The exception to this is when I post on a Monday, like this July Update post, so this would in-turn take the place of Tuesday’s post. I will do my best to stick to this schedule but there is no guarantee to this plan of action, I will work to follow this as closely as I can manage!
Whats new at the Studio?
We seem to be switching the layout around the office quite frequently and I am now getting settled back in the carpeted room! The crew is staying busy as always and Wes even had another kid to add to his family, so it has been crazy with planning and to top it all off, we are entering the final month before Eat Sheep‘s release.
I am more than a little excited not only for the release of the game but a HUGE surprise that I will be announcing soon that incorporates all the hard work we have put into this project that we started back in October. So check back within these next couple of weeks for the official announcement post of this surprise!
What’s going on with the site?
- The resources should be starting up this month, and will provide a place to go when you need some brushes, textures, references, turnarounds, whatever it may be to assist you!
Thanks for checking out this update, if you have tutorial suggestions, comments, or questions, leave them in the section below ↓
Also check out our Facebook page and click like for notifications on when a new tutorial is up or something fun happened at the office!
Again, thanks for continuing to make the site such a fun one to manage and I’m glad to see all the feedback and helpful tips the community is offering.