Hello and welcome to this Concept Cookie update for the month of June, the beginning of summer has begun!
Now before I get started in the update, I thought I would show how I go about creating these monthly update banners. Check it out below!
June Monthly Banner Timelapse:
Total Time: 25 minutes
Song: summer day by nabh24 - jamendo.com/en/track/858307/summer-day
What’s going on with the tutorials?
While it will be nice to get outside and enjoy the sun and beach, I am also focusing this month on working on what many of the community members have been requesting, which are the Introduction Tutorials and the Fundamentals series.
I am planning to split the fundamental series into 5 parts:
1. Drawing – This will cover the principals of drawing and more than anything, drawing with a tablet. I hope to cover line weights, pressure, and opacity alongside drawing basics like seeing form in everything and how to capture that with a sense of space and shape.
2. Perspective – This will cover working with perspective, from a 2 to 3 point or having an extreme PoV. Overall coverage of how perspective is so important in your pieces, even with character concepts.
3. Lighting/Shading – This will cover an introduction to lighting and how that directly affects shading. I believe lighting is important enough to have an entire training series on it, so this will be a great start for learning how to shade and blend correctly with lighting in mind.
4. Color – After lighting, color plays a crucially important role. So this will cover an introduction to using color and some tips and tricks on how to use them. This won’t be a “guide to learning what hue 18 is” but rather explain important key words that are associated with color such as chroma/saturation, complimentary,warm/cool, highlights, etc.
5. Anatomy – After the above fundamentals I will look into a more focused topic such as anatomy. There is so much to learn and study with anatomy and we will take an artists insight into how to treat anatomy. I will focus on this section later on.
Whats new at the Studio?
The cookie crew is staying incredible busy but we wouldn’t have it any other way
Eat Sheep is wrapping up, I have almost finished all the artwork that was on my list and I am excited and proud to show it when we finally release it!
What’s going on with the site?
- The site is getting ready for the new sections and will hopefully see some of the new layout changes to some of the pages as well.
- After the fundamental videos are up and live I want to then focus my attention on creating a section for resources that will include brushes, references, turnarounds, and textures.
- The banners are going out to the beach to enjoy the sunny weather
Thanks for checking out this update, Put your comments or questions in the section below ↓
Also check out our Facebook page and click like for notifications on when a new tutorial is up or something fun happened at the office!
Again, thanks for continuing to make the site such a fun one to manage and I’m glad to see all the feedback and helpful tips the community is offering.