Create a Free Account
Stay up to date on our concept art tutorials and more!
Hello and Welcome to the month of love, February! <3
A lot has been cooking here at CGCookie and Concept Cookie has a batch of new updates with the site, with us and you! This monthly updates are a way to fill you in on what’s going on here at the studio as well as hear feedback and see what YOU want to see on the site. This site is dedicated to helping teach and understand the process of creating digital art. So if you want to learn a specific topic, let us know and don’t be surprised if you see a tutorial on it not long after.
What’s going on with the studio?
It has been a crazy past couple of weeks here at the studio. Jonathan is in India at the moment while Wes and myself are working on narrowing the never ending project list on our whiteboard. This week also marks the first week that I am working as a full time employee. I can’t thank the guys enough for taking me on board and now I have more time to spend on the site, answering questions, and planning out more for the site as a whole! I am also working on a few concept jobs along with all the work that is being done to finish up Eat Sheep, and starting to work on my first CG Cookie training DVD on creating a Character. February is looking to be packed full of exciting projects and here at CG Cookie, the project list only continues to grow and grow.
What’s going on with the site?
- To start off each month, I will put out a monthly update, just like this one, which will include a quick description of what’s going on with the site, studio, and for suggestions as to what you would like to see on the site!
- Along with the update, the Concept Cookie site banners that are located on the side will change
What’s going on with the tutorials?
I hear a lot of people ask what are the next tutorials that are going up, and while nothing is set in stone I would like to give you guys an idea of what I’m going to for sure push out this month along with other authors tutorials.
- Creating a Neon Sign in Gimp/Photoshop
- Getting Started in Gimp series
- Finishing the Getting Started in Photoshop series
- Drawing a Wrangler for Eat Sheep
- Drawing Exercise/Review
***As for the Friday Citizen Exclusive tutorials, there are a few that have been requested lately and I am excited to get started on those***
- Creating a Head Turnaround Sheet for Modeling
- Drawing a Combat Vehicle Series
It’s been while since our last contest, and we’re thinking it’s overdue for another, and this one is sure to be a monster of a contest.
- Winter Contest Post
- The Fall Contest Timelapse with Final art, and the winner’s request was of Mega man fighting our own Unity Robot mascot.
Lastly, I want to know what you would like to see on the site!
what tips, tutorials, drawing exercises, etc would you want to see?
Put your suggestions in the comment section below ↓
Also check out our Facebook page and click like for notifications on when a new tutorial is up or something fun happened at the office!
Thanks for making the site such a blast and I am looking forward to what’s in store next!