Art of Blender
The Art of Blender is full of inspiring renderings from Blender artists around the world.
Things to keep in mind
- Deadline: October 1st, 0800 CST
- Use Blender
- One entry per artist
- Use the Image Submission button at the bottom of the page.
Here at CG Cookie, we think Robots are pretty cool. And frankly, who doesn’t? But what does your idea of a robot look like? We are challenging you to create an epic render of a robot in Blender.
Now, don’t think you are locked in to creating 500 ft war machine that battle creatures from the sea. There are many, many types of robots you may create. The robot can be cute, funny, functional or even utilitarian.
The goal of this contest is crazy amounts of robotic fun. Below are a few guidelines to keep things smooth.
Blender Robot Contest Rules
- Blender must be used for the majority of the work, including modeling, sculpting and rendering. Post production work is allowed with an image editing software. This is a normal part of the production process.
- Please only one entry per person.
- Start fresh! The model must be a new creation Do not a reuse a past project. Please do not include any models/parts from online model repositories, friends or neighboring Jedi Knights.
- The final render should at least be 1280px wide or tall. Portrait or Landscape formats are allowed. For formats, .jpg is preferred.
- Keep the rating G through PG-13. Please avoid any vulgar or crazy gory robots. As a general rule, think “Family Friendly.”
- If you place 1st or 2nd place, be sure to have your .blend file on hand for review if requested by the CG Cookie judging panel.
- Use the “upload image” button at the bottom of the post to submit your final render.
- Oh, your image must contain a robot.
Your render will be judged on overall aesthetics, first impressions and composition. We are looking for the render that will tickle the hidden robot inside of our artistic souls. As a hint, some things that help to obtain this is good modeling, lighting, textures, and composition.
A huge thanks go out to the sponsors of this contest, they’ve contributed some rad prizes to the top two robot creators.
Being an artist is easier when you are inspired. By entering this contest you are agreeing to challenge yourself, possibly gain exposure, and just have a bit of fun. Below are some amazing renders of robots to get your engines primed for modeling!
What about the prizes?
1st Place (Over $1,000 worth of prizes)
2nd Place (Over $400 worth of prizes)