Pumpkins are back and in style! Each year we see these gourd like squashes emerge onto porches and local stores. Just about everyone obtains these orange bumpy friends, makes an attempt at thrusting a sharp blade into them to create epic, visual greatness that the neighbor kids would be jealous of.
This year we want to see what the digital artists of Blender Cookie can come up with on their pumpkins.
Pumpkin Fun Fact of the Year:
“The word pumpkin originates from the word pepon (πέπων), which is Greek for “large melon”. The French adapted this word to pompon, which the British changed to pumpion and later American colonists changed that to the word we use today, “pumpkin”.” – wikipedia
Similar to our snowman contest ran back when we were younger, we are judging these pumpkins on overall impressions. We want to keep the contest light hearted, short and not too stressful for the involved folks. However, to obtain an outstanding overall impression, things such as presentation, texturing, modeling and lighting come into play.
How to Enter: (Ends OCT 24th)
- Model an epic pumpkin that a Rancor would shutter in fear at the mere site of it.
- Submit your image using the “User Submit Image” Button below.
- Final image should be 1280×720 / .jpg with your name as the file name
- You may only enter ONCE, so make it count.
- YES, it must be your own work, appropriately licensed textures and your own sweat and tears.
- FIRST PLACE – 1 Year of Citizen, Vehicle Training Series, CGC T-shirt
- SECOND PLACE – 3 Months of Citizen, CGC T-shirt
- THIRD PLACE – 1 Month of Citizen
How to keep your pumpkin from being smashed!
Smashing pumpkins can admittedly be fun, but for this contest we want to keep your pumpkin in the running for the tantalising prizes. So to avoid getting your pumpkin obliterated on some tarmac… remember the following:
- Final render must be rated PG, would you show it to Mickey Mouse?
- You MAY use props to add to your pumpkin.. (PG props)
- You MAY paint your pumpkin
- You MAY carve your pumpkin
- You MAY have fun
- You MUST use your own model and and appropriately licensed textures. No sneaking in model files from past tutorials.. yes we can tell.
- Rendering may be done in either the Blender Internal or Cycles render; let’s keep it open to everyone!
What about the loot?
This year we are offering some of our most popular training series and Citizen Memberships up for grabs.
This training series is jammed with 15hrs of Blender Training from our very own Jonathan Williamson. But there is too much to write in a small comment post, so head over there yourself if you wanted to see what it is all about.
One year Citizen Membership at Cg Cookie
With your membership you gain access to periodic exclusive training from Blender Cookie, access to our source files which includes HD versions of the tutorials and .blend files when available. We are always adding new tutorials, so the membership is constantly gaining value from week to week. Members already have access to this list of exclusive training: Baker Series, M4, Female Head, Mechanic , Foliage and more to come… Learn more about it here.
Amazingly sexy black CG Cookie T-shirt – Original Print
We just finished our final order of this design and these shirts are great for Black Tie events, running, or for wearing while eating breakfast. Your can order one of these guys right now also.
How to Enter
Submit your image via the “Submit” blue button below by the end of day on OCT 24th, 2011 -6GMT